Contact KTSA

Brad Messer headshot
TALK SHOW
AM 550 / KTSA
San Antonio, Texas
11 'til 1 • Mon-Fri

KTSA Online bug
KTSA ONLINE
Live stream

 

San Antonio now

Region readings

( ( ( RADARS ) ) )
Nexrad SAT still
WxUnd Zoom
NOAA SAT Loop
South TX Loop
TX loop

>>>FORECASTS>>>


Nat'l Wx Service

Wx Underground
AccuWx 15-day
Aviation Weather
BaghdadMore links



Jill Carroll
Christian Science Monitor
KIDNAPPED in Baghdad
Jan. 7, 2006

UPDATES




Need a dotCom name? Place to put your site? Web advice? Call my site host SATexas.com
I would hate to see you get lost in the hopelessly complicated and somewhat stupid TELEPHONE COMPANY web hosting system

military

DOD news site
DefendAmerica

Latest News and
Casualty Count

ARMED FORCES RELIEF TRUST PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING

Iraq War Dead 1 2 (2 has personal message boards)
Iraq Coalition Casualty Count

DOD military casualty Info

Organizations that help you provide troop support HERE (donate Frequent Flyer miles, etc.)




Charter Inducted Member
Texas Radio Hall of Fame

 

SPONSORS
Companies I endorse on my radio program, listed here at no charge to anyone

COIT
carpet / drapery cleaning
1 800 FOR COIT

Kinetico
water softeners and
biopure water filters
656-7873

O'Brien's Tax Service
653-7550

Arredondo Group
Foundations: San Antonio, Austin, Laredo
210 645-6811

Time-Warner
Broadband Internet
and flat-rate phone
244-0500

BJ Associates
Laptop Specialists and
On-site IT services
10823 Gulfdale map
344-4563

Kendall County Air
Heating / Air Conditioning
Boerne
830 816-1879

Cavco Home Center
Mfr & Modular Homes
New Braunfels
830 608-0208


Eurasian Auto Repair
The Dealer Alternative
11234 Gordon Rd
490-6552

 

vv

Fri Mar 17 2006
Hit count for 2005 was 24-million-plus
ST. PATRICK'S DAY

Washington Times
BUSH ADDRESSES DONORS
AS POLL RATINGS DROP

President Bush, dropping in the polls as Republicans begin to question his commitment to conservative principles, last night addressed about 2,000 GOP donors at a Washington fundraiser and talked tough on his strongest issue, national security. Making an evening speech at the National Republican Congressional Committee dinner, the president was greeted by polite but tepid applause.
Brad's Ten-Foot Poll on Bush's Values --- RESULT
3/17-18/2006
Quoting the story above, do YOU "question [Bush's] commitment to conservative principles"?
Not at all
86-
28%
Maybe a little
38-
12%
Yes. Isn't it obvious?
183-
60%
Total votes 307-
 


Dems on wild spending spree. No, wait. It's GOP!
Lawmakers vote to spend well over $100 billion for war and hurricane relief without any offsetting budget cuts.
On vote after vote in the House and Senate, lawmakers demonstrated the growing gap between their political promises to rein in spending and their need to respond to emergencies and protect politically popular programs. The votes followed last weekend's GOP leadership meeting in Memphis, at which virtually every speaker called on the party to renew its commitment to fiscal discipline and to control federal spending and the deficit.


QuorumReport.com Austin political newsletter
"My line on the Governor’s race is that Governor Perry has an 80% chance of winning, Strayhorn a 15% chance and Bell a 5% chance. In early January I predicted Perry would have a 90% chance of winning and Carole a 10% chance. The main reason for the decrease in Perry’s odds is the remarkable decrease in Bush’s job approval rating. Perry is not remotely at fault here. But the angst surrounding Iraq, Katrina, Abramoff and Dubai, not to mention hysteria over immigration, rain on Perry’s parade. He should still win easily but his party affiliation and closeness to Bush make this race tighter than it was."



HSA airport security incompetent

BOMB PARTS GOT THRU AIRPORT
SECURITY 100% OF THE TIME

In all 21 airports tested, no machine, no swab, no screener anywhere stopped the bomb materials from getting through. Even when investigators deliberately triggered extra screening of bags, no one discovered the materials.

The Prom Shop Project (Austin, Dallas and - soon - San Antonio)
Volunteers collect, clean and provide formal dresses to students who can't afford to buy them for prom and other special occasions. Over 70% of the girls receiving dresses come from families that live on less than $15,000.00 a year.

Cryonic couple's freezer breaks, they thaw after 22 years
Raymond Martinot and his wife were the toast of the world cryonics movement. For years they were France's best preserved corpses, lying in a freezer in a chateau in the Loire valley, in the hope that modern science could one day bring them back to life.

 

Brad's Ten-Foot Poll on Victory in Iraq --- RESULT
3/15-16/2006
Do you believe President Bush when he says he has a "strategy for victory" in Iraq?
Yes, no doubt about it.
132-
23%  
Maybe, but it isn't apparent to me.
98-
17% }
} 78%
}
I have strong doubts.
109-
19%
A strategy? He wishes.
241-
42%
Total votes 580-
   

email Iraq
Brad,
I read in this morning's Express News that the United States is finally pulling troops out of Iceland. We've had troops there since 1951.
If it takes 55 years to "stabilize" Iceland, how long do you think it will take in Iraq?
Dan

 

Portland's new jail too expensive to open

 


Pat Robertson to announce
why God mad at Panhandle
Firefighters get handle on blaze
Winds returning to a soft crawl and the marshalling of massive resources Thursday helped weary firefighters stem the advance of destructive grass fires across the northeast Texas Panhandle.
Panhandle fire calf rescue
Panhandle rancher H.G. Adams pulls a recently born calf from a fire line


American-Statesman
Senators near agreement on guest-worker visa plan
Plan would give immigrants a path to citizenship

During a Senate Judiciary Committee meeting, Kennedy agreed to consider a provision by Sens. John Cornyn, R-Texas, and Jon Kyl, R-Ariz., that would require workers to go home after two years to apply for green cards.

Express-News
Sculley pledges conditions will improve at San Antonio pound
Following a week of heightened attention to problems at the city's aging Animal Care Services shelter, City Manager Sheryl Sculley acknowledged Thursday that the shelter and its administration have challenges and promised the City Council the issue would not be ignored.

 

 

Caller-Times
TX drought map
Water, water nowhere in Coastal Bend

South Texas is experiencing the driest winter it has seen in the last 119 years, receiving .67 inches, and the chance of a significant rainfall is dismal until late summer, said the meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Corpus Christi.

Governor's Race Petition Info
Carole Strayhorn | Kinky Friedman "I drank but didn't swallow."

 

Georgia man arrested for pig sex. Again.

Elderly lovers stopped on dangerous Italy joy ride